When: 1.15pm for 1.30pm start, Wednesday 19th April 2017
Where: Centre for Research Collections, 6th Floor, University of Edinburgh Library, 30 George Square, Edinburgh EH8 9LJ
Cost: Free! Refreshments included. Thanks to ICON SG for financial support.
This event is an informal opportunity for us to get together to share news and information about our current work. We are looking for 5 minute presentations where you can talk about a topic that you think paper colleagues would be interested to hear about. We invite paper people in Scotland of all levels of experience to contribute, and are hoping to have a very supportive and non judgemental afternoon. There will be tea and coffee at the start, at the end, and the in the middle, so there will be plenty of opportunity to chat to colleagues.
Your topic might be about
• An interesting treatment you are or have recently been involved with
• A detail of a treatment that threw up challenges
• A conservation problem you are faced that you would like colleagues’ ideas on
• A new technique or piece of equipment that you have been using
In May 2016 some of the many really interesting topics included
• Several talks about very different wallpaper conservation projects
• Interesting policy developments on using volunteers, and work selection criteria
• Interns studying abroad on placements in Scotland talking about their course
Presentations will be strictly limited to 5 minutes. To help on the technical side we would like people to send digital submissions for their presentations in advance to Emily Hick who is hosting the event (email to email@example.com).
The space is limited to about 30 people. We are hoping that up to 20 presentations will be given.
Please send requests to present / attend to firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t be shy! There are lots of us paper conservators in Scotland and we meet up all too rarely. We hope that this event, like the previous two years, will connect us better so we can support and help each other in the future.